Friday, May 6, 2011

Germany!!!

I can't believe I'm going to Germany on Tuesday!  It's so soon!  I think a lot of my anxiety over the trip finally left me and now I am pretty much stoked!

There is so much to do when you are leaving for 3 weeks.  I mean, compared to people who travel for months, 3 weeks is nothing.  But for me, it's a long enough time to where I have to prepare all of my bills, etc. It also comes at a time where I have to make sure everything is set up correctly with school (i.e.- I still need to do my FAFSA, check final grades, etc.). 

And what does one pack for 3 weeks?  I have a 50 lb limit on my suitcase and a 40 lb limit on my carry on that I am sharing with my grandma.  We're foregoing shampoo, etc.  I figure we can buy those heavy things when we get there, since we'll use a lot of it in 3 weeks.  We are staying with family so I guess I can wash clothes, but I don't know what I'll need for 3 whole weeks of outings!

What's a must have for you when traveling?



Friday Five:
1. What is your favorite section of the newspaper?
I'll admit it...I read the write in sections (i.e.-  Dear ____, my husband left me and I'm sad.  Do you think that I should call him?).  For some reason those always make me laugh.  Guess I shouldn't be enjoying other people's misfortune, eh?  I also enjoy reading the local section to see what is going on around here.  I leave national news up to the internet. 

2. Sunday comics or weekday strips? Which comic is your favorite?
I don't typically read comics, though I do like the one that is always in a circle with the 2 kids....

3. Do you read your daily horoscope? Do you believe in it?
Yes I read it, not on a daily basis, and no I don't really believe it.  I think it has to do with the concept of a self fulfilling hypothesis, than being able to predict your day. That's what being a Comm major does to you.... Though I totally fit the description of a Pisces, just saying. 

4. Does the paper become bird cage lining, do you recycle, or does it get thrown in the trash?
We throw it in the trash....my town doesn't recycle.  :(  Though my aunt did wrap a present with some the other day!

5. Where do you read the paper? At home, at work, or elsewhere?
Typically at home, occasionally at school.

^I love doing those.  Don't judge me! :)

<3
END

No comments:

Post a Comment